Saturday, December 27, 2014

Review: Until Midnight by Melissa Landers


Author: Melissa Landers
Series: Alienated
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Romance, Short Story
Release Date: December 23, 2014
Buy Link: Amazon
Summary From Goodreads: 
Cara and Aelyx only have one day to spend together before he returns to earth and she travels to Aelyx's home planet, L'eihr. Homesick and worried about the upcoming year apart, Cara is desperate to make these final hours count. Worst of all, Cara is missing Christmas, stuck on board an alien spaceship. When Aelyx learns that Cara is forgoing her favorite holiday, he tries to recreate Christmas in space by researching traditional earth customs…but a few things get lost in translation.

My Thoughts

Alienated is one of my favorite reads of this year, so I was super excited to hear that Melissa Landers published a free short story about Aelyx and Cara! I downloaded it the day it came out and read it asap. Trust me when I say it doesn't disappoint. Okay, maybe it does a little just because it ends before you know it, and you're left anxiously waiting for Invaded again. Thankfully, Landers was kind enough to leave an excerpt of Invaded  at the end which will hopefully hold me over until February. Wait, February?! That's like two months away! *Flails* 
I need more of Aelyx. He's one of the swooniest aliens I've ever read about. Okay, I admit I don't read many alien books, but he's up there with Daemon for me so that should say a lot. I mean, the guy stayed up all night to recreate Christmas for Cara! Talk about cute! Why didn't I get an Aelyx for Christmas? So yeah, everyone should read Alienated because it's amazing and you'll love it. Then you should read Until Midnight because it's free (who turns down free books?!) and you get more of Cara and Aelyx! Then after that, you can fangirl over Aelyx and wish for it to be February already ;).
                                                                                                                                                                   


About Melissa Landers
Melissa Landers writes romantic science fiction for teens and the young at heart. To learn more, or just to say hello, visit her at www.melissa-landers.com
Twitter • Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment