Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #28

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine, that highlights upcoming releases we're anticipating.


20958632
Author: Holly Black
Series: None
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance
Release Date: January 13, 2015
Summary From Goodreads: 
Children can have a cruel, absolute sense of justice. Children can kill a monster and feel quite proud of themselves. A girl can look at her brother and believe they’re destined to be a knight and a bard who battle evil. She can believe she’s found the thing she’s been made for.
Hazel lives with her brother, Ben, in the strange town of Fairfold where humans and fae exist side by side. The faeries’ seemingly harmless magic attracts tourists, but Hazel knows how dangerous they can be, and she knows how to stop them. Or she did, once.
At the center of it all, there is a glass coffin in the woods. It rests right on the ground and in it sleeps a boy with horns on his head and ears as pointed as knives. Hazel and Ben were both in love with him as children. The boy has slept there for generations, never waking.
Until one day, he does…
As the world turns upside down, Hazel tries to remember her years pretending to be a knight. But swept up in new love, shifting loyalties, and the fresh sting of betrayal, will it be enough? 

Why I'm waiting:  


The only book I've read by Holly Black so far is the Coldest Girl in Coldtown, which I oddly enjoyed. I say oddly because I'm actually not a huge fan of vampire books. Anyway, I'm really excited for the Darkest Part of the Forest because FAERIES. Yass. Faeries are by far my favorite mythical creature.

What are you waiting to read? Tell me in the comments!
                        

Holly Black
About Holly Black
WebsiteTwitterFacebook
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones, and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. She has been a finalist for the Mythopoeic Award and for an Eisner Award, and the recipient of both an Andre Norton Award and a Newbery Honor. Her new books are The Darkest Part of the Forest, a return to faerie fiction, and The Iron Trial, the first book in a middle grade fantasy series, Magisterium, co-authored by Cassandra Clare. Holly currently lives in New England with her husband and son in a house with a secret door.

18 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown yet, but I did read (and love) her Curse Workers series. I really want to read this one too. I hope we both enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read her Curse Workers series yet, but it sounds good!

      Delete
  2. I've been hearing a lot of amazing things about Holly Black even before I started book blogging. Happy reading!

    Here's my WoW for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book! I hadn't read any of Holly Black's more recent novels, until this one, and I really liked it. Less than two weeks left! I hope you enjoy the book when you read it :D

    Happy New Year!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad that you liked it! I hope I love it just as much as you did. :)

      Delete
  4. We're waiting on the same book! I also loved her Coldest Girl in Coldtown and faeries so this book will probably be so wonderful~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of Holly Black's books, but I'm always interested in them! I just read a really great review of this, though, so I think I neeeed it now. :) Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my WOW yesterday. I still haven't read any Holly Black. I've got The Iron Trial that she co-authored with Cassandra Clare that I need to read.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I kind of want to read that! I liked Cassie Clare's other books, so I'm interested to see what The Iron Trial is like.

      Delete
  7. I've loved every Holly Black book so far, and I'm sure I will love this one!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that! I still need the read her Curse Workers series. Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  8. I really loved Holly Black's earlier novels so I cannot wait for this one either!

    Great pick, Ariel! <33

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on another blog....Holly Black is awesome and I love this cover! Here's my post for WoW .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Yeah, this is definitely a popular one! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete